Dental bonding is one of the most common dental procedures today. It involves placing a tooth-colored composite resin that is kept in place using a bonding agent and a high-intensity curing light. Dental bonding is a popular option for folks who want to improve their smile.
Dental Bonding Procedures
Compared to other dental treatments, not much preparation is required to have dental bonding done. In most cases the use of anesthetics is no longer needed. Using a shade guide, the dentist will determine the color of the teeth and of the composite resin to be used for the dental bonding.
After determining the color of the teeth, the dentist will then slightly roughen the tooth’s surface and coat it with a conditioning liquid. These processes will help the bonding agent stick to the tooth. After which the resin material is placed on the tooth and molded to fit the desired shape of the patient. Dentists will then use a high-intensity ultraviolet light to harden the resin material. Once the material hardens, the dentist will smoothen and trim the material to give patients that winning smile.
Purposes and Advantages of Dental Bonding
• Fixes teeth that have cracked or chipped
• Improves the color of yellowed or discolored teeth
• Improves the shape and appearance of teeth
• Works as a filling to repair teeth that have been damaged by tooth decay
• Fixes gaps in between teeth
• Protects teeth that are prone to infection due to receding gums
• One of the least expensive dental treatments
• Can be finished with just one visit to the dentist
• Only a minimal amount of tooth enamel is removed
We are serving Tysons Corner, Vienna, McLean, Fairfax, and all of Virginia.
We can help you keep your teeth and gums healthy. Call us today – (703) 848-8906